Follow basic sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Chill your meat to below 35F
- Keep your meat and grinder parts very cold while grinding
- Any liquid that is added to the mince needs to be ice cold
- Mix your very chilled meat and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook till the internal temperature reaches 155F (68c)
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Chef Knife – KOTAI
- Boning Knife
- Sausage Pricker
- Iwatani Professional Chef Torch
- Insta Cure #1
- Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you make this at home I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
Shiitake Mushroom Sausage
- Clean your meat of any silver skin, sinew, arteries and cut into small strips or cubes. Place in the freezer for an hour or until the temp reaches 32f – 34F.
- sauté the chopped shiitake with a pinch of salt till they take on a golden brown color. Set to the side to cool.
- Grind your very chilled meat on a #6 medium plate
- Add the sautéed mushrooms, seasonings, and water to your meat and mix till it becomes very tacky. If you grab a small handful it will stick to your hand if you hold your hand upside down.
- Stuff the sausage meat into the hog casings, link, and prick out any air pockets.
- Refrigerate on a wire rack overnight.
- Cook the sausages on a low heat till you reach an internal temp of 155f (68c)
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.