The linguiça cuiabana is a great Brazilian sausage that’s got a lot going on. This sausage is characteristically known for having rennet cheese (coalho) a lot like “queso fresco” from Mexico. What’s interesting about rennet cheese (queso fresco) is that it doesn’t melt when it gets cooked and in this sausage it provides a unique texture and a great flavor without leaking out all over the place. You will also find milk and the addition of spicy peppers in this sausage.
This sausage can be made with pork but all beef is the protein of choice in today’s recipe. We will be coarsely grinding this sausage meat but if you don’t have a grinder you can even chop your meat and fat into small cubes.
This recipe is adapted from a fellow Brazilian You Tube Channel Charcutaria. This guy makes some awesome sausages and you know the Brazilian ones are going to be on point!!
Follow basic sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Keep your meat and grinder parts super cold (below 34F)
- Any liquid that is added to the mince needs to be ice cold
- Mix your very chilled meat and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook till the internal temp reached 145F (for beef) or 155F (for pork)
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Chef Knife – KOTAI
- Boning Knife
- Sausage Pricker
- Iwatani Professional Chef Torch
- Insta Cure #1
- Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you make this at home I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
2 Guys & A Cooler Amazon Storefront
The original recipe can be found at Charcutaria’s Blog.
- 1000 g beef chuck 80/20
- 16 g kosher salt
- 2.5 g Insta Cure #1
- 3 g garlic powder
- 3 g onion powder
- 2 g black pepper
- 5 each habanero peppers seeds removed
- 1 g dried parsley
- 1 g dried chives
- 30 g NonFat Dry Milk Powder
- 300 g queso fresco
- 1/2 cup milk chilled
- hog casings
- Clean your meat of any silver skin, sinew, arteries and cut into small cubes. Place the meat and fat in the freezer for an hour or until the temp reaches 32f – 34F.
- Prepare all of your seasonings and clean and rehydrate your casings
- dice your cheese into small squares. Remove the seeds from the habanero and finely chop.
- Grind meat and fat on a course plate (12mm)
- Add your seasonings and your chilled milk to the ground meat and fat and mix till it becomes very tacky. Add the cheese and mix for another 10 seconds till it's well incorporated. If you grab a small handful it will stick to your hand if you hold your hand upside down.
- Stuff your mince meat into the casings, link, and prick out any air pockets.
- Cook on a BBQ and enjoy.
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.