Follow basic sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Chill your meat to below 35F
- Keep your meat and grinder parts very cold while grinding
- Any liquid that is added to the mince needs to be ice cold
- Mix your very chilled meat and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook till the internal temperature reaches 155F
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Kitchen Knives
- Immersion Circulator
- Sausage Pricker
- Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you make this at home I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
Italian Chicken & Basil Sausage
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 300 g chicken breast
- 200 g chicken skin can sub for pork fat
- 15 g kosher salt
- 3 g black pepper
- 3 g calabrian pepper powder hot
- 20 g Asiago Cheese can sub for Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 10 g fresh Italian Basil
- 7 g sundried tomatoes
- 10 g minced garlic
- 30 g non fat dry milk
- 80 ml white wine
- hog casings 30-34mm
- Debone the chicken and remove the skin. Cut chicken and skin into small pieces. Place in the freezer for an hour or until the temp reaches 32f – 34F. For this sausage I generally semi freeze the meat and skin.
- Chop the aged cheese into small pieces and finely chop the basil. Finally prepare all of seasonings and set to the side.
- Grind your very chilled meat/fat along with the minced garlic and sundried tomatoes on a medium plate (6mm)
- Mix the meat with all of the rest of the ingredients until it becomes very tacky. If you grab a small handful it will stick to your hand if you hold your hand upside down.
- Stuff into your sausage casings, link, and prick out any air pockets. Refrigerate overnight.
- You can cook these sausages any way you want. If you cook these on a stovetop or grill you should cook them till you reach an internal temp of 160f (71c)I like to cook them sous vide at 150f (65.5c) for 90 minutes then finish them on a grill or air fryer (optional)
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.