Follow basic emulsified sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Keep your meat and grinder parts super cold (below 34F)
- Grind your meats and fat according to this recipe
- Chop the meat till smooth
-keep temp under 45F
- When you add the fat add the rest of the seasonings and binders
-keep temp under 55F
- Add ice in increments to maintain a low temperature
-during the chopping of the meat
-during the addition of fat
- Chop till farce is smooth – fat and meat particles are no longer visible and everything looks homogenous
- Stuff the farce into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook by poaching in 176F water for 1 minute for every “mm” that your casing is wide.
-20mm sausage will poach for 20 minutes (roughly)
Here are a few things you might find useful when making this sausage
- Ring Bologna Casing
- Potato Starch
- Insta Cure #1
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Affordable Probe Thermometer
- Sausage Pricker
- Iwatani Professional Chef Torch
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Robot Coupe Commercial Food Processor
- Kitchen Boss Sous Vide
- Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
- Accurate Scale for spices
- Large Capacity Scale
- Custom Cutting Board (use discount code 2GUYS15 at check out for 15% off 😁)
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
The original recipe for this sausage can be found here: Falukorv (meatsandsausages.com)
- Grind the lean pork, the pork back fat, and onion through a course plate – 10mm
- Grind the lean beef and pork shoulder through a fine plate – 4.5mm or 3mm.
- In a food processor with sharp blades add the finely ground beef and pork shoulder with 50ml water and chop for 15-30 seconds. Make sure that this mixture stays below 45F (7c)
- Add 50ml water and chop for another 30 seconds. Temperature should be below 45f (7c)
- Once well chopped and the batter looks homogenous all of the spices, potato starch, the rest of the ground meat, and 50ml of ice water and continue to chop for another 30 seconds seconds. Keep the temperature under 55f (13c)
- Finally add the last 50ml of ice cold water and chop another 30 seconds (temperature should be under 55f – 13c)
- Stuff into the ring bologna casing
- Smoke at 140f (60c) for 60 minutes with a pan of water in the smoker to maintain high humidity, then finish cooking in a water bath set to 176f (80c) for 1 hour
- After it's finished cooking, cool off the sausages and refrigerate.
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.