Follow basic emulsified sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Keep your meat and grinder parts super cold (below 34F)
- Grind your meats and fat according to this recipe
- Chop meat, seasonings, and 1/2 the ice in a food processor-keep temp under 45F
- Add the fat and the rest of the ice and continue to chop till homogenous
-keep temp under 55F
- Stuff the farce into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook by poaching in 176F water for 1 minute for every “mm” that your casing is wide.
120mm sausage will poach for 120 minutes (roughly)
Here are a few things you might find useful when making this sausage
- Bologna Casings
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Kitchen Knives
- Immersion Circulator
- Ascorbic Acid
- Spice Scale
- Large Scale for meat
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Custom Cutting Board (use discount code 2GUYS15 at check out for 15% off 😁)
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
- Chill your meat and fat. The temp of your meat and fat should be just above freezing.
- You will Grind your meat and fat separately. Grind will be on a 6 mm plate. Make sure your meat is chilled as you grind. Rechill after grinding. Keep the temperature between 32 and 34f
- In your food processor (with sharp blades) add the meat and the seasonings and chop for 60 seconds. While it's chopping add the milk and half of the ice.
- After you have finished chopping add the egg and chop another 30 seconds. The temperature of your meat needs to remain below 45F (7c)
- Next add the fat and the rest of the ice and chop an additional 30 seconds. The temperature should stay below 45F (7c). The farce should look homogenous
- Now chop 1 last time for another 60 seconds till the temperature reaches 55F (13C). Once that happens you can stop chopping and stuff into a bologna casings.
- Cook sous vide at 145F (62.7c) for 3 hours
- IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN IMMERSION CIRCULATOR -Heat a pot of water to 176F and poach the sausage for 90 minutes (you are looking for an internal temp of 155f or 68.3c)
- Once cooked you can refrigerate, freeze for later, or enjoy now!!
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.