Ever wanted to make currywurst. All you need is a little curry ketchup. Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. If you make this at home, I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
- 90 g chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2½ tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp clove powder
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp msg optional
- 1¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Before you begin this recipe just know that technically all you need is curry powder and ketchup to make curry ketchup. This recipe brings in slightly more complex flavors of savory, acidity, and sweetness. Don't be afraid to play wit this recipe and make it your own. Have fun!
- In a pot add the chopped onions and a little oil. Sautee till the onions have softened.
- Add the garlic and cook a few minutes more
- Next add all of the dry spices (from curry powder to MSG) and cook for a few minutes till the "raw" taste of the spices has been cooked out and it begins to smell harmonious. Add a little oil if it seems too dry.
- Finally add the rest of the ingredients (from ketchup down to Worcestershire sauce) and stir well to incorporate. Turn the heat to a medium low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once finished, place the contents of the pot in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors come together. Bottle and enjoy with your favorite German sausage.
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links, we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.