Follow basic sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and sanitize all of your equipment.
- Chill your meat to below 32F
- Keep your meat and grinder parts very cold while grinding
- Any liquid that is added to the mince needs to be ice cold
- Mix your very chilled meat and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook till the internal temperature reaches 155F – 160F
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- Digital Smokers (I use the model 4D WiFi)
- Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
- Kamado Ceramic Grill
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Chef Knife – KOTAI (for 15% off use discount code – 2guys )
- Sausage Pricker
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Stuffing Horn Cleaner
- Butcher Twine & Dispenser
- Small accurate Scale for spices
- Large Capacity Scale (33 pounds)
- Drying rack and tray
- Custom Cutting Board
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
Chicken Fajita Sausage
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 300 g chicken breast
- 200 g chicken skin can sub for pork fat
- 18 g kosher salt
- 4 g chipotle chili powder
- 4 g smoked paprika
- 4 g cumin
- 4 g garlic powder
- 2 g mexican oregano
- 5 g sugar
- 30 g sauteed onion
- 35 g sauteed diced green bell pepper
- 35 g sauteed diced red bell pepper
- 8 g chopped fresh cilantro
- 30 g chopped fresh jalapeno
- 30 g potato starch
- 80 ml ice cold chicken stock
- 60 g cheddar cheese diced small
- Debone the chicken and remove the skin. Cut chicken and skin into small pieces. Place in the freezer for an hour or until the temp reaches 32f (0c). For this sausage I generally semi freeze the meat and skin.
- Chop the cheddar cheese into small pieces and set to the side. Also prepare all the vegetables as well. Finally prepare all of seasonings and set to the side.
- Grind your very chilled meat/fat on a medium plate (6mm)
- Mix the meat with the spices, vegetables, and ice-cold chicken stock until it becomes very tacky. If you grab a small handful it will stick to your hand if you hold your hand upside down.
- Once your mixture is sticky, add the cheddar cheese and mix another 10 seconds.
- Stuff into your sausage casings, link, and prick out any air pockets. Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors come together.
- You can cook these sausages any way you want. If you cook these on a stovetop or grill you should cook them till you reach an internal temp of 155f (68.3c) – 160f (71c)
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links, we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.