Follow basic sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Chill your meat to below 35F
- Keep your meat and grinder parts very cold while grinding
- Any liquid that is added to the mince needs to be ice cold
- Mix your very chilled meat and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook till the internal temperature reaches 155F
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Chef Knife – KOTAI
- Boning Knife
- Sausage Pricker
- Iwatani Professional Chef Torch
- Insta Cure #1
- Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you make this at home I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
2 Guys & A Cooler Amazon Storefront
Everything you love about the sandwich but in a sausage
How much do you want to make? 1000 grams
- 400 g lean beef
- 300 g lean pork
- 300 g pork back fat
- 15 g kosher salt
- 8 g black pepper
- 3 g garlic powder
- 100 g provolone cheese
- 50 g sautéed onion
- 5 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 60 ml ice cold water
- hog casings
- Sautee the onions and set to the side
- cut provolone into small pieces and set to the side
- Clean your meat of any silver skin, sinew, arteries and cut into small strips or cubes. Place in the freezer for an hour or until the temp reaches 32f – 34F.
- Grind your very chilled meat on a medium plate (6mm). Rechill if necessary(In the video I ran the cheese through the grinder along with the meat but I found that adding the cheese in small chunks to the meat while mixing produced a better texture, but either way is fine)
- Mix the meat along with all the other ingredients till it becomes very tacky. If you grab a small handful it will stick to your hand if you hold your hand upside down.
- Stuff you meat into the hog casings and form into links
- refrigerate overnight to dry out the casings and develope the flavor
- cook to an internal of 155f. enjoy
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.
5 thoughts on “Cheesesteak sausage”
That’s a great recipe. Can I cook it in a smoker instead of boiling it?
This recipe is another keeper! I thought the amount of black pepper would be overwhelming, but it worked quite well with this recipe. I used venison in place of the beef and it turned out great! Will be making this again.
OHH I bet that wqas tasty!!