Follow basic smoked sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Keep your meat and grinder parts super cold (below 34F) at all times
- Any liquid that is added to the mince needs to be ice cold
- Mix your very chilled meat and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky
- Add the blue cheese and mix for 20 seconds
- Add the encapsulated citric acid and mix for 30 seconds (this ingredient is added at the very end by itself)
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Dry the sausages out for an hour before baking
- Bake at 325F (162c) and bake for 20-25 minutes till the internal temperature reaches 165f (68c).
Here are a few things you might find useful when making this sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- Knives for processing meat
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Sausage Pricker
- Encapsulated Citric Acid
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
- Custom Cutting Board (Use discount code 2GUYS15 at checkout for a sweet discount)
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you make this at home I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.