This was an interesting sausage recipe that I found here: Beef and Bean Burrito Sausage (meatsandsausages.com)
The finished sausage had a fairly soft texture. The flavor was excellent but i think that this recipe could use a little tweaking. If you alter this sausage recipe and you enjoyed how it turned out, let me know what changes you made so I can give it a go as well!!
Follow basic sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Chill your meat to below 34f or 1c before grinding.
- Mix your very chilled meat (under 34f or 1c), liquid, and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky.
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets or just make sausage patties.
- Cook till the internal temperature reaches 155F
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Sausage Pricker
- Kotai Chef Knife
- Sausage Stuffers
- Meat Grinder
- Meat Mixers
- Stuffing Horn Cleaner
- Butcher Twine & Dispenser
- Small accurate Scale for spices
- Large Capacity Scale (33 pounds)
- Drying rack and tray
- Custom Cutting Board
- Heavy Duty Kitchen Vacuum Sealer
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. If you make this at home, I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.