Want to try something different? Let me introduce you to Thailand’s Sai Ua. This sausage is really a taste of the exotic with bold and fresh ingredients to tantalize your taste buds.
Sai Ua is a northern Thai sausage where it’s names literally means “Stuffed Intestines”. It is quite possibly one of the most flavorful sausages I’ve ever eaten as this sausage utilizes some very regional ingredients that give it it’s distinctive flavor. A few of the ingredients that are added are: fish sauce, kafir lime leaves, shrimp paste, galangal, and lemon grass. These ingredients make the Sai Ua an umami packed flavor bomb that can only be described as a Thai curry in a sausage. Talk about amazing!!
Follow basic sausage preparation practices when making this sausage.
- Clean and Sanitize all of your equipment.
- Keep your meat and grinder parts super cold (below 34F)
- Any liquid that is added to the mince needs to be ice cold
- Mix your very chilled meat and seasonings till the mince becomes very tacky
- Stuff the mince into sausage casings and prick out any air pockets
- Cook till the internal temperature reaches 155F
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Chef Knife – KOTAI
- Boning Knife
- Sausage Pricker
- Iwatani Professional Chef Torch
- Insta Cure #1
- Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you make this at home I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
Thai Sai Ua
If you are making sausage adjust the servings to reflect the total weight of your meat and fat
- Clean your meat of any silver skin, sinew, arteries and cut into small strips or cubes. Place in the freezer for an hour or until the temp reaches 32f – 34F.
- Grind your very chilled meat on a 6mm plate
- Add your spice paste to your mince meat and mix till it becomes very tacky. If you grab a small handful it will stick to your hand if you hold your hand upside down.
- Stuff your mince meat into the casings, link, and prick out any air pockets.
- Cook and enjoy.
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.