I want to be the first to tell you that I really like Vietnamese food. The flavors are bold the ingredients are exotic and their sausage is amazing.
The sausage I’m talking about is called Nem Nuong. This is a grilled pork sausage that is often served as a snack or appetizer or served with rice noodles or rice as a main dish. I personally love to wrap this sausage in a spring roll with lettuce, carrots, rice noodles, and bell peppers. When I’m not doing that it’s generally in a delicious bowl of Pho I’ve whipped up.
There are many things that I really like about this sausage. First is the flavor. This sausage ticks some serious flavor boxes as you will find a nice balance of sweet, salty, and umami in this sausage. Secondly is how easy it is to make. In todays recipe we will make this sausage with only a food processor. Finally I love how well it freezes. You can freeze this sausage raw or cook it and freeze the cooked portions for later use.
Here are a few things you might find useful when making sausage
- High Quality Natural Casings (AA Grade)
- Iodophor Sanitizer
- MK4 Thermapen (Accurate Thermometer)
- Chef Knife – KOTAI
- Boning Knife
- Sausage Pricker
- Iwatani Professional Chef Torch
- Insta Cure #1
- Potato Starch
- Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- Meat Grinders
- Meat Mixers
- Sausage Stuffers
- Bella’s Cold Smoke Generator
Enjoy the video and the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. If you make this at home I’d love to hear about how it came out!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in operation our be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
Vietnamese Nem Nuong
If you are making sausage adjust the servings to reflect the total weight of your meat and fat
- Cut the lean pork and the pork belly into small cubes and place in the freezer to chill
- In a food processor with sharp blades add the chilled meat along with the rest of the ingredients
- Chop everything in food processor till it turns into a tacky paste. This should only take a minute or two.
- Once you have a tacky paste form the mince meat onto skewers or make meat balls and grill till the internal temp reaches 155F, Enjoy
- Once cooked this sausage can be frozen for later use.
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.